Tuesday, October 2, 2007

That's not so good, Al

Today's weigh in: 241.4 (OUCH!!!!)

And so I prove, once again, weight loss's number one rule: You can't exercise enough to make up for overeating. That's five pounds gained over three day weekend. To say my eating was atrocious is an understatement. I think I ate five pounds worth of candy over the weekend. That much being said though, it's time to move forward.

I got back to my walking today. I only did three miles, but my body is not back to where it usually is. I'll get there though. Eating was better too. Breakfast was a banana and two handfuls of raisins. Lunch was a four hundred calories Michelina's frozen meal, and a salad. Dinner was some pork roast and potatoes to go with some grapes. I should be heading back down again soon. I also decided on some goals moving forward:

Brandon's wedding (October 27) : 230
Thanksgiving: 220
Christmas: 210
Riley's birthday( January 19, 2008): 200
Leap day: 190

OMG I JUST SAID 190!!!

So, wish me luck, and I know I'll get there. I'll be by all of your blogs soon.

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I've already told you, but I'm big time proud of and impressed by what you accomplished. To be able to do this all on your own, that takes balls. You knocked it out of the park.

Btw, we should sign up soon for '08. Show me how to do this, or if we do this individually? Also, we should start planning some fundraising and such. Maybe get Melissa involved.

Jim McCoy said...

Roger that, Tuck. Fundraising is a good idea, but registration is not open yet. I'll let you know when. You wouldn't happen to know how close/ far away Melissa lives would you? It would be great to coordinate with her, I just need to know if we're talking the other side of town, or the other side of the state.

Melissa said...

Other side of Town :)

I live in Warren, 9 mile and Van Dyke.

It was great meeting you! I cant wait for the walk in 08!

Ripx180 said...

Sounds like the 3 day was a awesome experience. I am sure those 5 pounds will come off as fast as they went on. Your body is probably holding onto water or something to help heal those muscles you used for 60 miles of walking (insane). Glad to see some goals, it will really give you something to shoot for.

swankywanker said...

Congrats on the walk. And on the goals. They are aggressive, but realistic. Just think what a gift you'll be giving yourself for Christmas when you're down to 210!

Anonymous said...

Like I told Melissa, you guys are awesome for doing this walk. Good for you!!!!

Good luck on your goals (although luck has absolutely nothing to do with it). ;) Keep up the hard work and you'll get there!