Friday, October 5, 2007

Yeah that's right..I _AM_ a wuss! Thanks for asking

Today's weight in: 235.8 (NEW LOW!!!!)

So I decided to take Billy's advice today, and do some "weight training," in this case pushups and sit ups. Ten pushups and I was damn near dead. I have a history with pushups, and this is the type of frustration I seem to remember. The good news though, is I DID the pushups. I did some crunches too, because I can't seem to do a full situp. So I'm a wimp, but I'm a determined wimp, and I'll just keep working at it until I get there. I also did three miles today. I wanted to do more, but time constraints once again held me back. Again though, at least I did something.

Eating today was almost the same as eating yesterday, only minus the cake. For breakfast, I had a banana and some grapes. Lunch was two tuna sandwiches and a salad with some gatorade, and dinner was chicken kabob and white rice with a plum. Thankfully, I've finished off all of the leftover chicken kabob now, so I get to have something else for dinner tomorrow. Saturdays are traditionally light walking days for me too, but Sunday I'll be on it for sure.

I'm really glad to see that new low today, because my Tuesday weigh-in was scary. I don't know where those four pounds went overnight, but they're gone and I don't want them back. This should be a pretty easy weekend too, because my wife will be out of town, and there won't be anyone to cook, so I'll be eating sandwiches and my Michelina's frozen meals, and they're all under 450 calories. I've just go to get to the store for some lettuce, or I won't have any salads to make my stomach feel full so that I'll quit eating. Anyway, gotta run for now. Rock on, Weekend Warriors!

4 comments:

Jay said...

Jim, 10 pushups is good, you gotta start somewhere. I'm in the same boat with pullups, though I'm still working on #1

Rob Tucker said...

Try to do some pushups as well - start using the kitchen counter or porch steps, something like that. That's how I started off.

Great work on the weight, man. I remember just a few short months ago that you would have laughed in my face if I told you you'd be getting close to the 220 point again. Who's laughing now? Great work!

Marcol said...

Lol @ jim with youre a determined wimp. I dont think youre a wimp at all, youre doing SOMETHING.

Enjoy your weekend, youre a pretty active man, I like that.

Candy Girl said...

wow, thats great! remember, muscle burns fat even when your not working out!