Saturday, October 6, 2007

Could have been better today

Today's weigh in: 235.0 (NEW LOW!!!!)

Eating was OK today, I guess. Breakfast was two granola bars. Lunch was a Michelina's light spaghetti (about 300 cal) and a plum. Dinner was some leftover homemade pepper steak out of the freezer and a salad. After dinner I had a couple handfuls of raisins and a 130 calorie pack of little Cheez-its. They're not all that great for you, but it was only 130 calories, so I'm thinking that it was not all that bad.

As I stated yesterday might happen yesterday, I didn't walk today. I usually walk on my lunch on Saturdays , but I was acting supervisor, so I didn't get a lunch. I had to stop at the fruit market on the way home, and it was dark when I got here, and with this not being the world's smartest neighborhood to be walking alone after dark in, I decided it was better to stay home. That being said, at least I worked the muscles a little bit.

After I finished up some homework, I turned the Red Wings game on. They went into a shootout, so here's what I did. Before Datsyuk took the first shot, I did five push-ups. Before the next shot, I did four. And so on. Unfortunately, I jinxed the Wings, because they never scored a goal, and the shootout only went to five shots. I probably should have started with six. Oh, well. Then I did fifteen crunches, then ten, then went 5,4,3,2,1. So at least I did something today. That felt good. And on the weekend warrior tip, at least I can say: So far, not so bad.

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I think working out while watching TV is a great idea. You're just sitting there anyway.

Good call man - and congrats on the new low. Lots of those going around - weekend warriors!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, TV workouts are the best. I do pushups or situps during commercials. And I thought I hated commercials before... :)

Jay said...

definately better than watching commercials about food!