Thursday, October 18, 2007

I did...nothing

Today's weigh in: 230.0

Ok, so not my best day, but I've got an excuses. A wise man once told me though, that excuses are like assholes...everyone has one, and they all stink. Mine is that my wife had a test done on her digestive tract today, and came home about the time I was gonna leave for my walk feeling like crap. She mainly slept afterward, and I probably could have gone, but I wanted to be there if she needed anything. She didn't, but isn't it the thought that counts?

So no walk, no pushups, no situps, and one angry baby who didn't get to go for her walk either. Then again, she got to see her Mama, so I guess she'll get over it. Eating today was not terrible. Breakfast was my usual banana and raisins, but also two eggs and two pieces of toast. For lunch I only had one turkey sandwich instead of two to offset some of the calories, and I skipped my Gatorade because I didn't walk. Dinner was some homemade soup which my wife assures me would be no points on a Weight Watchers diet and a pluot. So, even though I ate a big breakfast, I think I reined it in just about right so that I got my usual amount of calories. I'll be right back at it tomorrow, and no mean doctor will be making my wife drink barium. Here's hoping to see the 220s again soon.

8 comments:

Silvana said...

Hey, thanks for welcoming me to FAT....I see you had a very good food day....0 points soup on WW is just vegetables, it's a great tip cuz you can have it all the tiem....I'm actually going to make some this weekend to have at hand....

I see you've reached your goal for Brandon's wedding.....good on you!

I hope your wife is good. Have a great weekend!

Rob Tucker said...

One week til the wedding man. You blew that goal away. Just keep crunching now, get back on the sidewalks and hit 225 before the wedding.

Nice work - Nicole's doing better?

Marcol said...

I hope your wife is feeling better. I cant fault you staying home to take care of her. I think that earned you some points...

Jay said...

Best wishes to your wife.

One day isn't going to kill you. Keep your focus.

Jim McCoy said...

Nicole's OK for the most part. She was just diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, which is a problem in her digestive tract and they're trying to find out exactly where so that they can treat it. She's ok, but this is not something that will ever go away, at least barring a cure that does not currently exist. She was in rough shape yesterday though, drinking that stuff wore her out.

Anonymous said...

I'm the wife. LOL...I'm better today-yesterday life sucked. I was fine until the barium ran through my body. I assured Jim I was fine, but he said he'd stay home. I feel asleep for hours after being SO sick...but was greatful he stayed to watch riley-I don't think I would have had the energy. Thanks sweetie :)

Crohn's sucks, but it started my weight loss since I have been really sick lately...so I am going to join weight watchers again and we'll get this house eating healthy together. (just have to figure out which healthy foods don't make me REALLY sick. Oh, did he tell you I am lactose intolerant too?) good times...not.

Rebecca said...

Sorry Nicole - that does suck. I feel bad when people have food allergies and stuff, but at least you know what it is.

Jim, I think your wife being sick is a great reason to not exercise. Plus you probably got brownie points for being a thoughtful hubby, and who can argue with that? :)

Melissa said...

Nicole, I can defintely relate to what your going through. My doctors thought I had Chrons and I just went through a bunch of testing, including that barium one. BLEH! Glad to hear your feeling better.

And jim, yes that excuse doesnt stink ;)