Friday, October 19, 2007

That's better

Todays weigh in: 229.4

That ties my previous low, so it looks like things are headed back in the right direction. Today was a pretty decent day, and I figured out what classes I'm taking next semester early this morning, so things are looking good. Even my daughter was asking to take a walk today, and she's not always that happy to do so. Nicole was back to work today too, so she seems to be feeling better.

I did my normal three miles today, and I'll be doing some crunches and some pushups before bed tonight. They're still not easy for me, but at least if I keep plugging away, I should get there. Eating today was pretty decent. Breakfast was a banana and some raisins, with lunch being two tuna sandwiches and a salad. Dinner was more of the no-point soup (and I don't even do weight watchers, but my wife has in the past, and hopefully is going to start back up.) I also drank my normal Gatorade, and even got a Diet Mountain Dew today. It's amazing how I can actually drink diet now and it doesn't taste horrible. Six months ago, I'd have never been able to drink it, but today I sucked it down in like three seconds. That still doesn't feel quite right.

I'm hoping to see a new low tomorrow, and I'm feeling pretty optimisic. Tomorrow will be dinner out with the wife for Sweetest Day. That's a second Valentine's Day that only happens in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. Should be a nice line for dinner, and I'll be really hungry by the time I sit down, so wish me luck. I'll do my best not to ruin another week's worth of work like I did on Monday. That wasn't so good. But for now, I'm out. Roll on weekend warriors!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the new low HUNNY!!!
You're doing just fine-we'll find a healthy place to eat dinner tomorrow, K?

And I am trying to tell JIm breakfast is WAY important, and even if you have eggs you can do it healthier. Someone help me on this...

Jay said...

Sweetest day, that's cute.

Jim, listen to your wife!

Breakfast is WAY important!

Marcol said...

Congrats on your low and being able to get in some exercise. It was cute to hear your daughter even wanted the walk.

Listen to your wife, breakfast is important!

GeneTheK said...

I've got this great Braun hand blender which is a life saver for me in the mornings ($25.00 at Bed Bath & Beyond).

I put 8-12 oz. skim milk, 1 pkg of instant plain oatmeal (no flavored ones - too much sugar), 1 or 2 scoops of whey protein powder, 1 pkg of Stevia (better than Equal which contains Aspertame) and some flaxseed oil or almonds for a bit of fat.

You can flavor the shake with different types of the protein or try flavor extracts (pure vanilla extract is my fave).

Point is that you can have a quick, nutritious breakfast and easy to clean up as well. Don't neglect the morning meal Jim. It helps your body set the tone for the day.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to see your kids wanting to exercise with you?? I love it when my daughter does pushups with me. So cute! Anyway, congrats on your new low. Keep up the great work!

PS Do I really need to comment about breakfast? I think everyone else covered it! ;)

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new low! Howd dinner go on sweetest day? I never realized it was only a few selected states..interesting.

Jay said...

Jim, where are you?