Sunday, October 14, 2007

Damn..missed my walk

Today's weigh in 229.4 (NEW LOW!!!)

Don't ask me how the weight dropped last night with no walk, but I'll take it if I can get it. Any weight loss is better than the alternative, I guess, and I did eat pretty well yesterday. It was just so crazy...and speaking of crazy...

I didn't get to exercise much today either. I had to write two papers for Anthropology and I had another quiz to take for Statistics, and we went to my mom's for dinner, and we got a new dresser for my daughter's room, and then wifey decided to rearrange the whole room today, and I just didn't have time. The good news is that I did pretty decently on my quiz today, and I think I did even better on my exam yesterday (The quiz is multiple guess and graded as soon as you turn it in, electronically. The exam is graded by the professor, and we don't usually get it back until Monday or Tuesday.) My Anthropology didn't go as well as I wanted it to, but I'm still averaging an A for the class, so I guess I'll take what I can get there.

Eating today was not very good. I had french toast for breakfast with sugar free syrup (20 calories for a quarter cup, and I didn't use that much), and about half an orange, but after that I had about three Tyson chicken nuggets as a snack around lunch time, and then followed that up with lasagna and garlic bread with salad at my mom's house. I had three pieces of garlic bread, which doesn't strike me as being too smart. I had a glass of milk with dinner too, so I guess I can kiss that new low goodbye. I'll just have to earn back, I guess. It's just irritating though, because I am WAY TOO LAZY to want to have to fight over the same patch of ground twice. I usually walk on Sundays too, but damn. It was just a nutty weekend all around, and I still have to finish my second essay for Anthropology tomorrow, but the good news is that I can't do it unless Riley is sleeping or my wife is home, so I'll have time to walk tomorrow anyway. That's all for now. I'll talk to you all again soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can't exercise, keep your diet in check. (Nothing you don't already know.) Exercise is obviously good, but if you don't consume the calories to begin with, you won't need to burn them off. :)

BTW, good luck with your second essay.

Marcol said...

You have a lot going over there Jim - papers, quizzes, buying dressing and rearranging rooms. You may have gotten in more exercise than you know moving things around.

I wish you well on your next paper (essay).

Ripx180 said...

Jimbo,

Welcome to the 220s, I hope your stay isn't as long as mine has been. You seem to be a fat burning machine so I would imagine it will be just a number in your review mirror sooner than later. I am sooo glad that I don't have to write papers anymore. I Think thats what I dreaded the most back in college. anthropology was a great course though. I really enjoyed it. Stats was pretty cool too at least some of the problems in that class can be used in real life unlike so many other courses. They were both hard classes though so I feel your pain. Plus I didn't have anything to take care of besides myself at that time. Your the man, keep on pushing.

Jay said...

good luck with the essay.

Melissa said...

That does sound like a crazy day. Sounds like you can balance everything pretty good. Good Luck on your paper. What are you going to school for?

Jim McCoy said...

Melissa,

I'm working towards an Associate of History, which should lead to a Bachelors of history, which should lead to a Masters of History, which should lead to a gig as a History professor, and hopefully eventually to a PhD in, you guessed it, history.