Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought

Today's Weigh In: 237.6

I think maybe RipX was right, and I was retaining water. Given the amount of salt the 3 Day docs kept telling us to eat, I probably should have been. I'm still not back to my lowest, but I'm a lot closer, and I think I can get back to where I was relatively quickly now. It feels a lot better, because I was looking at a minimum of two weeks, and now it's more like one.

I did alright today eating-wise I think. Breakfast was a banana a handful of grapes, and a handful of raisins. Lunch was a pork roast sandwich and a salad. Dinner was some chicken kabob with white rice and a roll. Kinda high on the carbs, I guess, but I've always been more about calories than carbs.

I walked three miles today, and it felt almost normal, so that's heading in the right direction. I had planned five for tomorrow, but my wife scheduled my daughter for a flu shot tomorrow, so I'll just have to work around that, and do what I can. Maybe I'll walk her up to the doctor's office. It's only about two miles one way, I think. Then again, the last time I said that I ended up walking six miles, when I thought I'd only end up walking three. That's the bad thing about walking. Once you're three miles from home with no car, and your wife is at work, guess how you're getting back?

At least things appear to be headed in the right direction still. I was really worried that I'd poop out on myself after I finished the walk. Granted three miles two days in a row isn't going to break any of my records, but I DID something. I guess that's what I take from this whole weight loss saga, and it applies to everything in life. If you want something to change, you've got to do something about it. I guess it's kind of a variation on Rob's "You get what you earn" theory. So that's what I'm going to do tomorrow. Something. Who's with me?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You know I'm with you. Hell, I really need to get into the "just walk somewhere" mindset. I do the gym and all, but I've got a 3-day event coming that I need to start training for =)

Rob Tucker said...

PS: I changed your title picture, how do you like it? :)

Ripx180 said...

I with ya too. You will be back down to your old low in the next few days I would bet (if you do something). I usually have no problem getting back to where I have been (recently) weight wise. Its loosing those new pounds that are really hard. Heck you've been doing it for quite a while now you know what it takes. Keep cruising and losing Jimbo.

Melt Down Diva said...

Hey Jim - you're awesome!

Thank you for your encouraging words and you have motivated me to do SOMETHING! Keep it up.....

Jay said...

keep the momentum going! As long as you're moving forward, you'll get to where you want to be.

Jim McCoy said...

Love the new banner, Tuck!! Good Job!