Monday, October 8, 2007

Kinda Scary

Today's weigh in: 232.0

Yup, you read that right. I'm like the only one who hasn't done everything right and gained weight anyway, so maybe it's my fault that you've all put on those pounds. Lord knows I've lost a bunch lately. Maybe too much.

My weigh in last Tuesday was 241.1. It's six days later, and I'm nine pounds lighter. One and a half pounds makes a decent week, and I've averaged that much a day over the last six days. Granted, part of that was due (I think) to retaining water after the three day, but not that much. I lost almost four pounds overnight, and that put me at about where I thought I should have been the next day. I've set new lows everyday since then.

That's not all that abnormal for me. It doesn't always happen, but I'm pretty consistent, so a loss of .2 to .6 pounds a day is not at all unusual, but this is just unbelievable. Nine pounds in a week? I mean, I eat, I swear I do, and my walking hasn't been all that great over the last week, so I don't know what to think. I just hope I'm not killing myself somehow. I know my calorie counts can't be that low. Anyways, on to today.

I got lazy. I did two miles this morning due to time constraints and not having any long socks clean. (NEVER EVER do more than a mile or two in socks that don't come up higher than your shoes. I have, and life sucks afterward.) I didn't do any pushups or situps today either. As for eating, at least I practice what I preach....

I have, on occasion remarked on other peoples' blogs that they should eat light the rest of the day if they're planning on one big meal. That's exactly what I did today, and here's how it went.

Breakfast: A banana
Lunch: A bottle of Gatorade
Dinner: Five (really small) pieces of garlic toast with liver pate, some cranberry relish, cole slaw, two chicken legs, one chicken thigh, mashed potatoes with butter (I HATE GRAVY!!!) and some stuffing. All in all, not a good meal. At least I took the skin off of the chicken.
Desert: A handful of raisins and about five grapes. This was hours later at home.

So although I think I'm a bit on the high side today, I don't think it can be more than 2200-2300 calories, and that's not horrible. Keep in mind that most of the stuff I ate was in pretty small portions. The lack of exercise didn't help, but I think I'll go knock out some pushups and situps now. If anyone can tell if I'm not eating enough, or if I'm just over reacting and need to calm down, let me know, because I don't know what to think.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

When you can get into that groove and the pounds MELT off, that's a great feeling. Just don't fall into the trap that I've fallen into where you feel like you're doing good and the weight is just going to keep coming off no matter what.

Whatever you're doing - KEEP doing it. Damn, man. Being under 200 seemed to be a pipe dream 4-5 months ago - you're going to nail it.

Candy Girl said...

OMG! good work!

Ripx180 said...

I think allot of peoples bodies work that way Jimbo (drop in spurts). Just know it will tapper off and the battle will continue. I think your comment on one of my blogs about beating the glass until it shatters is kind of what happened for you. You broke a barrier but there will be another. I say take it where you can get it and keep this feeling in the back of your head to fight another day. Your breathing down the back of my neck weight wise.... i better start loosing. ;) nice work man.

Jay said...

keep putting in the work and it will pay off eventually. It might be when you least expect it.