Thursday, September 27, 2007

Too good to be true?

Todays weigh in: 236.0 (NEW LOW!!!)

Not to doubt myself, but that's a pound and a half since yesterday. I'm not complaining, but I expect it to be a bit higher tomorrow in my last weigh in before the 3 Day. That's like two pounds in two days. If it sticks, it sticks, but we'll see.

Eating today went pretty well. I had my usual banana for breakfast, a small soup and a salad for lunch, and some spaghetti and two pieces of garlic bread for dinner. I missed my walk today, since the 3 Day is tomorrow, but I don't honestly feel bad about it. Maybe I should, but the advice they give is no walking for an entire week before, and I walked right up until yesterday. I will make up the miles (have no fear there). Other than that, it was a pretty normal day. Played with my daughter, went to work and I'm going to go home and get in bed early tonight.

So I hear that regardless of how much walking you do, you can't lose weight on the 3 Day. I'm going to do my damnedest to prove that theory wrong, since it mainly sounds like a discipline issue to me, but we'll see. Sixty miles walked is an awful lot of calories burnt, and I'm not planning on chowing. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat, but I won't be wolfing it down at every stop. This is going to be awesome though, and I've gotta work out a system, because Tuck is doing the walk with me next year. So good luck, enjoy your weekend, and EARN it. I'll see you all on Sunday (if I'm up to it) or Monday (much more likely).

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I'm looking forward to this. I wouldn't worry about losing weight this weekend, I don't doubt for a second it'll come off - whether it hits the scale on Saturday or early next week. The day I did that 14 miles with you I thought I'd get a drop but I got a 2 pound gain.

Proud of you man. I'll be out there cheering you on this weekend, I just have to work out the times.

Jay said...

Nice job preparing for this. Good luck in the walk!

Anonymous said...

FYI: Sent JIm (my husband) off this morning at the 3-Day Opening ceremonies...very moving and motivating morning! He left starting line at 7:30/8am and called me at noon-he wat at lunch (almost halfway there for his FIRST 20 mile day). He's doing great and feeling good.

Rob-You guys will do GREAT next year with your team of guys. And I can't thank you enough for taking up the challenge next year-my friend's mom who is a survivor (15 yrs) just found out that cancer has come back. YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I pray that one day we will have a world without breast cancer.

David said...

Just wanted to wish you the best during your 3-Day !

You're doing the right thing !

Anonymous said...

I stop reading blogs for like a week and suddenly, there are all these new additions! What the hell??

First, welcome aboard (even though it's way past due)! Second, you look great...you've certainly come a long way. And third, best of luck on your 3-day.