Thursday, October 11, 2007

Huh?

Today's weigh in: 231.6

That's exactly the same as yesterday, and I don't think I've ever seen that before. Lower, yes, higher *sigh* yes, but the same? WTF? Oh well, at least it's not higher. I'm looking the 220s square in the face still, so it could be worse.

My daughter was in her glory today, because it was cold and rainy, and Daddy wussed out and walked at the mall. Oh well, with cold weather coming, and a year and a half old baby this is going to happen a lot this winter. The important thing is that I took myself out into the cold wet mess and, say it with me kids, DID SOMETHING. That's going to be my motto, I think. It makes a good one. And four miles is ok, even if it is in a well-lighted, heated space.

Eating today could have been worse. Breakfast was some grapes and raisins, lunch was a gyro and a salad, and dinner was meatloaf a potato and some corn. I drank a Gatorade on the way to work instead of at lunch time, and I managed to look a basket of fries in the eye at lunchtime and not take one, so that was pretty cool. I think I can deal with this type of day, because it gives hope for tomorrow, and hope for tomorrow is what it's all about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great hun, I know those fries were temptation today-but riley loved em'.

Keep up the good work-I'm proud of you. Riley is too. We'll get out and walk this fall/winter, even if its at the mall. TOGETHER. I'm going to find a way to lose weight myself, without being sick being the reason why. (just have to figure out what my gut can and cannot handle)

Rob Tucker said...

Nothing wrong with walking through the mall, man. Great place to pick up chicks (Nicole, turn your head - don't read that. Erin, you either LOL)

As for your weight - it's good to see that you're human. I was starting to wonder after watching that weight free-fall. And you're right - staying put is a hell of a lot better than gaining.

Melissa said...

The mall is our friend in the winter, because michigan weather surely isnt!

Marcol said...

Good for you Jim on still "doing something" inspite of the weather limitations. I think its so important to work with what you got and you did just that.

ITs sweet to see your wife's comment and to read youre inspiring her. Way to take the lead in your household Jim.

Rock on!