Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Back from the Dead

Today's Weigh In: Oops, Forgot!!!

I guess I got out of the habit of doing weigh ins over the weekend while I was in Oklahoma and my scale was around 1400 miles away. I was out the door today before I realized that I didn't have one. My eating was pretty iffy over the weekend too, so I'm thinking that it won't be what I want to see tomorrow. I guess it could be worse though, because most days were at least ok, except for Friday. Since this is all about holding myself accountable, I'll talk about that here.

It was the first full day in the OKC, and I got up early. I ran down the hall to get my (first) breakfast, and just grabbed a banana. At this point, I thought I was headed for a pretty decent day. Then we get the guys together to go get tuxes and stop by Sonic for breakfast (that's two breakfasts if you're counting) but I thought that I did ok because I ate a chicken sandwich and got a diet Dr Pepper (SONIC HAS MULTIPLE DIET POPS THEY FREAKING RULE!!!) So we went to pick up the Tuxes and I caught up with my wife and daughter afterward. This is where it takes a definite turn for the worse. We went to Sonic again (Wifey and I had never been there, because there aren't any Sonics in Michigan) and this time I didn't so much fumble the ball as deflate it, tear it up and hand it to the other team. Lunch was a double cheeseburger and fries, and another diet pop, this time a Sierra Mist. At least the pop was diet I guess. That night was the rehearsal dinner. It was catered by a barbecue place, and it was great. On top of a pulled pork sandwich and some fruit, I had three or four of these chicken caesar salad on a stick things and a whole bunch of fruit. I walked back into the kitchen to get my daughter some more fruit, and grabbed two deviled eggs. When I walked back into the kitchen one more time to grab something for my wife, I came across the cookie tray. I knew I should have run from the place screaming, but there were Mom Thompson's (the groom's mom, not mine, at least biologically) world famous buckeyes. Now, I CAN eat just one chip, but these things are like crack, except that they don't make you LOSE weight, they make you GAIN it. I don't honestly know how many I ate, but it was somewhere between way too many, and oh my GOD is that a lot. It was ugly. The good news being that at least I had done some walking that day with my wife and daughter at the zoo, and for a bit downtown with the fellas after we had picked up the tuxes, checking out the ballpark and the Oklahoma City National Memorial. The memorial is a different subject for a different blog, though.

Today was much better. Breakfast was a banana and some raisins. Lunch was a thing of soup (about 300 calories) and a plum. Dinner was a small serving of spaghetti and another plum. When I got home I ate another handful of raisins and some grapes. I didn't get to go walking today because of some business I had to take care of, but at least I ate right, and I'm going to do some pushups/crunches before bed. Which is where I'm heading in a few minutes. Goodnight, all!

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Yeah, we definitely tried for a while, but Mom Thompson's Buckeyes did it over for me to.

For those who are wondering, these little peanut butter dipped in chocolate balls are a famous treat from our buddy's mother - we grew up (and out) on these. Haven't seen one of her buckeyes in over 10 years, not exaggerating.

The past is the past though, Jimbo. You'll see a higher number, but use it as motivation. I saw 279 on the scale when I came home - that one stung. I'm back on track only one day later. Do what we've got to do.

Melissa said...

That is right, its in the past. Its hard to stay on track when your out of town, and sometimes we just induldge a bit. But thats life. And its always a great motivator to get us refocused. And I know you will have no problem refocusing ;)

Rebecca said...

Yeah, I was wondering what buckeyes were. Thought of the Ohio State Buckeyes... no, that can't be right. They sound irresistible!

Well, you had a good weekend, it's over, sounds like yo're back on track. Since it was out of town, hopefuly returning home will be an automatic reminder to get back on the right track. Glad you had a good time!

Marcol said...

Nice to have you back Jimbo. Hey you indulged, posted about it and obviously have moved on. I dont see a better plan than that.

The umm Mom Thompson's Buckeyes do sound yummy but I got more interested in the Ceasar Salad on a Stick thingee...how did they do that?

Jay said...

man, those peanut butter things sound awesome!

Welcome back! Get a weigh in soon so you can assess the damage and refocus!

Jim McCoy said...

Marcol,

Basically, they mixed a caesar salad minus the crouton, and cooked up some boneless/skinless chicken breast. Then they put a skewer through the lettuce, which was cut into strips and alternated with the chicken chunks. The dressing and cheese stuck to the lettuce, and they were freaking awesome.

Oh, and thanks Tuck. Sometimes I forget that not everyone knows what a buckeye is.