Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rolling Along

Today's Weigh In: 217.4 (NEW LOW!!!)

That's the result of a two pound drop last night, and probably won't last, but hey, I'll take it while it's here. It feels pretty good too, like I've still got a good chance at my goal for Christmas. I haven't missed a weight loss goal yet, and I'm not looking to start now. So, it's T-minus twenty six days and counting before my next victory celebration.

Speaking of victory celbrations, tomorrow makes it two months since the three day. That shouldn't matter, but it does, because the main reason that I joined FAT was because I was concerned about losing my motivation afterward. The fact that it's two months later and I haven't quit feels good to me. Sixty days and I'm still doing SOMETHING even if it's not as much as I was before hand. Then again, walking in circles for six miles sucks, and it's not like I can train outdoors with my daughter given the weather.

Today though, I didn't do much. My wife came home from work sick, and I stayed home to make sure she was ok. Eating was ok though. I had fruit for breakfast, a chicken roll and a salad for lunch, and dinner was some flank steak with green beans and a potato. The lack of exercise annoys me, but at least I ate right, and I'll get right back at as soon as I can.

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Doesn't sound like you did "nothing" to me. You're doing great, Jimbo. I wish I had your ability to just crank out the good eating days one after another.

That level of stubbornness is unmatched ;)

Rebecca said...

I know what you mean about being annoyed with the lack of exercise. But most of us have found that without exercise (for short periods of time) clean eating wins the day. I have actually lost more weight on the weeks when I have eaten right and not exercised! I don't live that way, nor do I recommend it, but it's another perspective for the next one of those days. Congrats on the new low!

Melissa said...

Everyone seems to be getting sick lately! I hope your wife is feeling better soon.

60 days and you are still doing great! I think this might be the first year that Ive stayed in shape in between 3 days.

Keep up the great work. Its really admirable how great you can keep everything in check with lifes obstacles.

kyle said...

Funny, but to me lack of motivation doesn't seem to be a problem for you. Well done on the new low.

Geoff said...

One of my biggest fears starting out is losing the fire that drove me to begin. Good work and keep it up.

Marcol said...

Youre doing great Jimbo! Your new low is awesome, youre sticking with the weight loss beyond the 3 day and youre being a great hubby taking care of the wifey when she's not feeling well. All those things deserve kudos if you ask me, but you didnt :)