Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Almost time to trot!

Today's weigh in: 219.8

So it's almost eleven o clock and I'm at work. I'm also meeting Tuck in Hazel Park at 6 AM tomorrow. Life sucks. Here's the good news: Today could have been worse.

I had my usual breakfast of fruit, followed by my usual lunch of tuna sandwiches and salad followed by a dinner of homemade chicken marsala broccoli and wild rice. I only walked one mile today because of severe laziness which lead to time constraints, and I also had a hundred calorie pack of little cookie wafer things, but it WAS a hundred calorie pack.

So tomorrow is the Turkey Trot, and I'm going to have to set a goal right? So here it is: 5k in less than thirty eight minutes. I freely admit that all of the other FAT members will blow me away, and two of them are women. Life goes on, though. I'm doing something. I'll take that. Combine that with a sensible eating day, and Thanksgiving won't turn into a disaster for me. I'll take that right now. I'm also pretty happy because my Thanksgiving goal was 220, and I'm there. I may not have much room to spare, but at this point, I'll take that, too. This leaves me with a bit over a month for my Christmas goal of 210. I can do it. I just have to not act like an idiot at the family Christmas party, and be careful tomorrow.

So have a great holiday everyone, think with your head, and not with your gut, and you'll be ok. The weekend starts early for most this week, so weekend warriors, ROCK ON!!!!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You know what, trot to your own beat. You have lots to be proud of no matter what your time is.

Jay said...

Nice job reaching your goal! I should have done a turkey trot..what a perfect day to do a 5k!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Marcol said...

Well I wont comment on the trot because as of right now, thats behind you - Im sure whatever your time you gave it your best!

As for your 219, you hit your goal with a pound to spare - thats awesome Jim. Youre doing so great and making no excuses along the way. I have no doubt youll make your Christmas goals as youve done with everything else in the past. Hope you enjoyed family and friends today. Happy Thanksgiving!