Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Looking good

Today's weigh in: 224.2 (NEW LOW!!!)

So I got up this morning completely convinced that I'm cursed, that I had a good day yesterday, and that somehow, magically, I'm going to end up back at 230 because I had gone back up that far so many times already. I stepped on the scale ready to step off mad as hell, ready to jump off spitting nails, but then something miraculous happened. My weight did what was supposed to do. It went down, and with two weeks left until Thanksgiving, I only have 4.2 pounds left to lose to make 220. Things are looking pretty good.

My daughter is a bit sick though, and I think I might have to skip my walk tomorrow to see if that will help her feel a little bit better. Who knows if it will work, but it's worth a shot, I guess. It's nothing major, just a bit of a cold, but it's making me crazy having to wipe her nose every five minutes, and she doesn't really enjoy it either.

As for the diet front, things went well today. I had a banana and some raisins for breakfast. Lunch was two tuna sandwiches and a salad. Dinner was some city chicken, potatoes and green beans. After work I stopped to get some stuff for my daughter at the grocery store, and bought myself two kiwis that I had as a snack. That probably wasn't the best idea given the time of night, but they tasted good, and at least they weren't the Ho-Hos that I really wanted.

6 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Nice Job on the new low Jimbo. I am sure a day off from walking wont hurt you. Just make sure to eat good and maybe do some strength training.

GeneTheK said...

They still make Ho-Ho's? I was always a sucker for Swiss Rolls.

Keep it up. This time of year always poses a challenge. Keep your eyes on the prize and re-read your goals daily.

Rob Tucker said...

It's definitely a mental shift to see you looking as 2 kiwi's as not the best plan for the day.

You're doing awesome, man. When you first started this, I wanted to be the example for you to help you starting off.

Now, I'm learning from you.

Melissa said...

I need some of your drive in my life right now. If 2 kiwis was my worse decision Id be jumping for joy. Way to avoid the ho ho's Jim! Hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

Rebecca said...

Kiwis for HoHos? Now that's willpower. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.