Friday, November 23, 2007

38:06 OH SO CLOSE!

Today's Weigh-In: 220.2

Good lord. I set a goal of thirty-eight minutes, and I come THIS FREAKING CLOSE to it. If I had missed it by like a minute it wouldn't bother me so bad, but missing the damn thing by six seconds has me thinking that I could have found just a teeny-tiny bit more and gotten there. I walked for parts of it, and if I could have just run for a little bit longer, I could have made it. I should shut up though, because my previous five k time was 43:23 and at 38:06 I still cut over five minutes off of the thing, so I guess I'll take it. Also, as predicted right here on this blog page, I finished last in the FAT division of the Detroit Turkey Trot. Good job to all of you who beat me, but watch your back, because from this moment on, I'm on the search for an affordable athletic stroller, and if I find one, I'm gonna smoke you all next year. Anybody selling one cheap?

Thanksgiving eating wasn't that bad. Granted, I had a pretty big dinner, but I had only eaten about four hundred calories up to that point, so it wasn't all bad. Today's weigh in is up 0.4 pounds since yesterday, but that's not all that bad, because it could just be fluid levels or something, who knows.

Today was a pretty decent day. After telling myself that I wouldn't be walking today because the mall was closed, I went out shopping for a couple of things, found out that the mall near my house wasn't that busy and walked two miles anyway. Breakfast was a banana and some raisins. Lunch was two turkey sandwiches and a salad. Dinner was some more turkey, a small serving of stuffing, some peas and carrots and a little asparagus. It sounds like a lot, but the portions were small, so I think I'm ok. Alright, so the portion of peas and carrots was pretty big, but they're peas and carrots.

Doing the Turket Trot yesterday was really cool, and meeting Kristen was awesome. She's got more energy than any three people over the age of twelve that I've ever met. Seeing Melissa was awesome too, I hadn't seen her since the Three Day. It was a great time, and we should really do it more often, maybe with our significant others or something. While we were there, Tuck, Kristen and I (we couldn't find Melissa at the time, there were ten thousand people there) did a quick tally, and realized that we had lost a Tuck. In other words, if you add up the amount of weight that all of us combined lost, it comes out to about what Tuck (that's Rob if you missed it) weighs. So together, we've lost a person, and if that's just three members of the FAT coalition, imagine what we've all done together!

*******************EDIT!*******************

I forgot to mention this in my blog, but I had a very cool thing happen yesterday. I went over my Mom and Stepdad's house for a little bit, and they started dogging me because my pants were too loose. Apparently, they didn't look so good. My stepdad has been losing weight too, and he had some old pants that don't fit him anymore because he got too small, but the fit me great! Oh, and they're thirty-sixes, and that's new small size for me. So I'm freaking ecstatic. Just thought that I'd mention it.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh...I'm soooo going to have to tone it down some next time. I was just so excited about the race and meeting people that I couldn't contain myself. Ok, the truth is that I'm pretty much always like that.

Seriously - it was great to meet you, and you did awesome. You're going to blow 38 minutes away next time.

Rebecca said...

I think your time is great. 6 second over, mathematics rules say round down - that's 38:00! ;)

Being up .4 after Thanksgiving is phenomenal (i'm up 4 lbs!), you obviously made some good choices. I'm sure running 3.1 miles earlier in the day helped keep some of that turkey weight off.

Question - have you thought about having a bigger breakfast so that your calories are more evenly spread throughout the day? I know I would be STARVING if I only ate fruit for breakfast. Just wondering.

Jim McCoy said...

Rebecca..

I guess I'm just used to it. For years before starting my diet I didn't eat ANYTHING for breakfast, well sort of. I'd lay around the house until one o'clock and have two or three bowls of cereal with some toast instead of lunch. The main reason I eat breakfast at all is just to get my metabolism started because honestly, if I eat too much for breakfast, I make myself sick to my stomach. Somewhere out there, my wife is reading this and calling me a liar, because I love when she cooks, but it's only after I've been up for two to three hours first. It's just what works for me, and I wouldn't necessarily reccomend it to anyone else, but I couldn't see adding a full meal when I was trying to cut calories. It just didn't make sense to me.

Marcol said...

You rocked it out Jimbo and Im with Rebecca on the 6 seconds...either way you got it done and well I might add :)

Anonymous said...

Proud of you hun! Even if it took you an hour, it means you DID something good for you. You're doing great, keep up the good work.

And kudos to my mom for an AWESOME dinner yesterday-fairly lowfat for a turkey dinner. (esp. b/c you don't like gravy!)

FYI to you all: did you know out of all the pies on thanksgiving pumpkin pie is the LEAST fattening and best for you? It's true!

layla said...

good job! whats 6 seconds compared to that big and noticeable improvement you made in timing? im with kirsten, the next time you're going to be well under 38. its my prophecy!

Jay said...

that's a great time! You'll blow it away next time, and it gives you something to shoot for.

I wish I could wear a size 36, that's nice work!

Jay said...

that's a great time! You'll blow it away next time, and it gives you something to shoot for.

I wish I could wear a size 36, that's nice work!

Melissa said...

Great job on the race Jim! Look how much you improved your time by...that is awesome! And congrats on the new low size, there is nothing more satisfying than fitting into a new low size :) It was great to see you again!

I am so pumped for the 3 day already...and so excited that you and Rob will be going on the journey with me.