Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's cold out

Today's Weigh In: 216.0 (NEW LOW!!!!)

Q: What's the best thing about going up and down a ladder all day?

A: Anal sex with trees.

I can't stand getting branches stuck up my ass.

I cleaned the gutters today. Bad timing. It snowed last night, and it's above freezing today, so the water that was held up by the leaves filled the gutters. My hands were freezing. But, it needed to be done, so I did it. It sucked though. Wifey actually shoveled the snow though, so at least my soaking wet ass didn't have to do that.

Eating today could have been better health wise, but at least I think that I've kept the calories down up to a normal level, at least up to this point. We went to a pizza brunch with Santa today at the Cloverleaf on Gratiot, for those that are familiar. It was a buffet. But Tuck once told me that it was about 300 calories for a slice of pizza, and I had one and a half to go with two breadsticks, and a small salad with vinegar and oil dressing. I had another salad a little later on, this one with fat free Italian. I haven't eaten dinner yet, but it's only 3:30, so it's all good. Exercise today has been limited to going up and down a ladder.

In other news, my Aunt Janice lost her battle with cancer yesterday, and tomorrow is the funeral/memorial service. It's about three hours away in Mt. Pleasant, so there's a good chance you won't hear from me tomorrow, and I'm not sure when I'll be in the mood to be back on, but rest assured, I'll hold the eating together, and I won't stop walking. Hell, I did two miles in the blistering cold yesterday trying to get my head together after it happened while Riley was with my wife. I'm not sure how much it helped, but I didn't want to sit and mope because it's just not my style. I'll be back in touch soon, I'm not sure if it will be tomorrow or Tuesday, or next week, but stay strong, and don't go near the Christmas cookies.

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I'm sorry about your aunt, Jimbo. Take care of business, let me know if I can do anything for you.

Another reason to walk with pride in September.

Ripx180 said...

ditto on your aunt Jimbo, so sorry to hear that. It's never easy, but know she is in a better place.

Awesome on the new low 216!!

Melissa said...

Im sorry Jim to hear about your Aunt. I have your family in my prayers.

Jay said...

Nice new low!

Sorry about your aunt Jim.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Jim.

Rebecca said...

So sorry about your aunty. I know how tough that can be. I'm glad that you have a productive way to release your emotions (walking). You and your family are in my thoughts.

Congrats on the new low! And sorry about the cold - it sucks. I'm sure it sucks harder on top of a ladder.