Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today's weigh in: 225.8

So that bad day on Sunday bit me in the butt, but as much as I hate refighting for the same territory, I will get it back. It's just a matter of time, and at less than a pound, it won't be long. I'm still on track to be at 220 by Thanksgiving as long as I bust my butt, so I'm happy. Today was a good day, too.

I only did two miles, but that's because it is my wedding anniversary (three years) and my wife was coming home for lunch so that we could exchange gifts since I had to work tonight. She got me a pair of comfy pajama pants, and I got her a singing picture frame. It was cool. I taught our daughter how to say "happy anniversary" and got a big smile for that. It was fun. The mall was cool too, because they've got all of their Christmas stuff up, and my daughter loves it.

Eating went pretty well today. Breakfast was a banana and some grapes. Lunch was two tuna sandwiches and a salad. Dinner was some homemade chicken noodle soup and a yogurt. I'm feeling pretty hungry, so I might have some raisins when I get home. It'll only be a handful, and they're good for you, and as sweet as candy. Everyone who is losing weight should have some raisins around the house.

I got registered for next semester at school today, too, and the way it looks, I'll have two accelerated classes again, but they'll be at opposite ends of the semester (ie one will be the first eight weeks, the other the last eight weeks) so it won't be AS hectic as this semester was for awhile. That will be a welcome break. Oh, and my final is next Tuesday, so I'll be off of school from November 13 - January 10. That will rock. Maybe I can become reacquainted with my PlayStation. I'm sure it's lonely, it hasn't been touched since September. With my wife and daughter in bed when I get home, I can get in some PS time without disrupting workout time or family time too. Life is good when a plan comes together.

I'm up a bit from my last new low, but I should be back where I need to be in the next day or two (hopefully) as I'm over it by less than a pound, and today was a really good day eating wise, even if I kinda slacked on my walking. So, here's hoping for a good tomorrow, and I'll see that new low again soon.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Jim, you seem like a very busy, but prioritized man. I like that. School's in, the Playstation is in temporary retirement, and even when it comes out, it's only when it won't interfere with family time. It's not easy to have so many balls up in the air, and I'm sure that there are times when you want to drop at least one, but it seems like your priorities are in the right place. That's nice to see.

Marcol said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife - here's to many many more years of wedded bliss. I agree with Rebecca that you have your priorities straight and that with a plan you get it all done. Also, wishing you well on your finals - rock it out!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your time off, you deserve it ;)

GeneTheK said...

Happy Anniversary Jim.

Enjoy your time off. Just make sure there is no bad "snacking" during your PS time.

Rob Tucker said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years for you guys already - and she hasn't killed you yet :)

Happy Anniversary, Jimbo - if you're dusting off playstations, come dust mine off. It's starting to build up.