Saturday, November 24, 2007

Up early on a Saturday


Today's weigh in: 221.4

I'm not all that concerned about today's weigh in, because I did it three hours earlier than normal, and it's always high when I do that. Unfortunately though, I have to be at work on Saturday at eight and I don't do my weigh in on weekdays until nine. So, it looks high, but it should come back down tomorrow, because it always does. Lord knows it sucked when I first started working early on Saturdays, but I'm used to it now so it doesn't bother me. Now, if it doesn't come down tomorrow, I'll lose my mind, but there's no reason to panic yet.

Otherwise, things are going pretty well. I'm still off school for another month and a half, and walking looks like it should be pretty easy at my local mall because of how slow it was yesterday and I'm kind of happy about that, although it doesn't bode well for the local economy, which has been in recession since the day our governor took office almost five years ago. I won't go there, though.

I'm planning on doing something exercise wise when I get home, even if it's just some pushups and crunches or maybe some calesthenics to build up wind for my next five k. My legs were fine thoughout the Turkey Trot, but I was sucking wind to hard to run for part of it. I am going to find a way to get a running stroller, but even then it's going to be a few months before I can run outside, and I don't have access to an indoor track, so it looks like it's jumping jacks and downhill skiers until it warms up again in March or April, although I may get the odd sixty plus degree day over the winter. You never know, it was like spring last year on Christmas so it COULD happen, but it's nothing I'll be counting on to get my training done.

Eating so far today has been average for me. I had a banana and some grapes for breakfast, and lunch was two turkey sandwiches and a salad. My wife bought me this thing that's made just for taking salads out of the house to eat, it's got a bowl with a lid and an icepack, and a little container on the top that holds your salad dressing so that it doesn't sit on your lettuce for hours and make it all nasty. So I got to have a salad at work to help fill me up so that I didn't eat too much. It was good to be able to have a normal lunch on Saturday and not end up eating what amounts to two dinners instead. Dinner tonight will be whatever my wife and her mother decide they want, since I'm at work, and won't get home until dinner is at least cooking, and maybe done. That's ok though, they won't try to kill me. So it's Jimbo 0.5 weekend nothing, with tonight looking like I can complete the first full day. This weekend warrior is looking for victory, and it looks like I just might get one.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Off school for 6 weeks sounds like heaven. I'm sure you will make the most of it.

Marcol said...

Sounds like youre a man with a plan for your winter workouts. Thats great that youre thinking that far in advance and making do with what youve got.

Its it funny how the hour difference in weigh-in times can make such a difference? Crazy.

Rob Tucker said...

I'm with you on the weigh-ins, I usually weigh in around 7:30, but when I step on the scale at 5 it's right through the roof.

I'll always blame it on the sun, and not me, of course ;)

Hope you get that stroller - that'll help you a ton. Riley would love that, I think.