Sunday, November 4, 2007

Big day

Bare with me while I do some math

298.4 lbs. (original weight)- 155 lbs. (target weight) = 143

143 lbs. /2 = 71.5 lbs.

298.4 lbs. - 71.5 lbs. = 226.9 lbs

Today's weigh in: 225.0 (NEW LOW!!!)

I just realized today that I'm halfway to my goal. Damn that feels good. Hopefully I didn't give it all back. Today wasn't that bad, I guess. Breakfast was two eggs and two pieces of toast (made of multigrain high fiber light bread) and some homemade fruit salad (wifey rules.) Lunch was two tuna sandwiches and I skipped the salad today. I used the same bread I had with breakfast. I ate a hundred ten calorie bag of popcorn while I was watching the Lions beat the stuffing out of the Broncos today, but it WAS a 110 calorie bag. Dinner could have been better though. We were celebrating my anniversary tonight because I'm working on Tuesday which is my actual anniversary and we went to Carrabbas. At least I didn't kill myself with the pasta, but I did have a couple pieces of the bread they give you, we had some Bruschetta Agrodulce (more carbs, but the topping is almost like a salsa, so at least the topping is good for you) and I had the Chicken Marsala for dinner, with a side of potatoes. We got a free desert, but I only had two forkfuls of the cake the gave us, so that shouldn't be TOO bad. All in all, I think I'm a bit over on calories for the day, but not all that bad. And I went to the Steak Out last night and didn't drink at all,unless you count Diet Coke, which I drank about four pitchers of. I guess my body thought that it would get itself drunk if I had enough pop. My brain knew better though, and I ended up with a new low today, so mission accomplished.

A couple things about the game today, since the Lions beat the Broncos 44-7. Satan may be stopping by to ask for a space heater and an electric blanket. Don't give him one, he's evil. He'll use it as an excuse to do something bad to you, count on it. Note for any Broncos fans, too. No, I don't feel bad for you. I've been through it too many times to not get a kick out of the way my team did yours. Deal with it. I though John Kitna was a crackhead when he said the Lions would win ten games this season, but it's starting to look like maybe I'm the one who's on drugs. It's all good though, because junkies are thin, right?

8 comments:

Shonakee said...

I'm going through and catching up on folks' blogs and I'm noticing that with each you post, you drop a pound...you keep that up and by June you won't exist!

And I can relate on the diet coke thing...went to a bar a year ago and on the 3rd refill the waitress sat down a pitcher and stuck a straw in it...is it bad that I wanted another after that? :-(

Rob Tucker said...

Sounds like it was a pretty bad day on the calorie front, but I'd say you deserve a day like that once in a while. Instead of going hog wild, you were a bit high, dealt with it and made the best of it.

And hell, the Lions pounded Denver so the apocalypse is upon us anyway.

Brian said...

thats great about being half done your goal. Awesome work!

Also, I dont like looking at things like its a "bad day". It just is what it is, and deal with it. As long as you're AWARE of what you did and you make up for it you'll be fine.

Ripx180 said...

I like Brian's approach... bad days will happen from time to time. Luckily you are one of the weight loss machines in the FAT coalition. So obviously you are doing very well. Sometimes a bad day will actually help you loose weight, kind of restart the fire.

Yesterday was a bad football day for me... The stinking seahawks lost to the Browns in overtime after leading the entire game. They pretty much shot themselves in the foot. The running game is soooo bad for them right now. Then the Colts go and give the pats a win. blah! I should have just not watched yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new low...and the halfway point!!!

I'm a Broncos fan, but I'm a Lions fan first. That game rocked! I was hoping for a shutout, but that didn't quite happen. It was still a good game, though. It was like bizarro world. Usually, the Lions are the ones who are scoreless for most of the game while the other team runs circles (or touchdowns, in this case) around us. I'm so proud of those boys. If only I were still in Michigan to see more of them!!

layla said...

the amount of weight you guys are losing is really heartening. 71 lbs! thats the weight of my little cousin. congrats! sure slip ups occur but you're still 71 lbs away from that dark place and you aren't ever going back if you get right back on track. well done!

kyle said...

CONGRATS on being 1/2 way to you're ultimate goal. Losing 71 lbs is a gigantic accomplishment in itself. It absolutely deserves a Diet Coke binge celebration. I agree with Layla when she talks about everyone's weigh loss being heartening. You're all true inspirations to those of us at the beginning.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at the Lion's game this weekend in Phoenix. We've lived in Arizona for 15 years but the Lion's are still our hometown team.
Look for me at the 30 yard, about 12 rows up;)

Also, I like Brian's attitude regarding "bad" days. They just are what they are. Get over it and move forward. Congrats on the halfway mark.