Friday, November 9, 2007

Alrighty then!

Today's weigh in: 222.6 (NEW LOW!!!)

So things are looking up for old Jimbo. I think I had mentioned that I got promoted awhile back. What I may have 'forgotten' to mention is that they gave me the worst team in my company. A passing quality score where I work is 85%. When I took over my team, the average quality score for one of my MSRs was 77%. That's not so good, Al. But thanks to the hard work and dedication of my remaining teammates (some are, regretfully, no longer there) the average quality score for my team is now 86%. That's passing. It's not much more than that, but it's barely been a month. I'm freaking ecstatic. It's almost like I know what I'm doing.

Weight loss wise, today went pretty well. I had a pair and some grapes for breakfast, lunch was some soup, a roll and a plum, and dinner was meatloaf, two small red potatoes (more like the size of a cherry tomato) a little broccoli and a light yogurt. When I got home I had a granola bar for a snack. Probably not my best idea, but it's only a hundred calories. I set a new low today too, which is just awesome. The 210s are in sight, and they're a long step closer to the promised land.

Speaking of the 'promised land' I've got to wonder how many of us are keeping the promises that we've made to ourselves lately. We all started losing weight as part of a promise we made to the person in the mirror, and the lack of blogging makes me wonder how many of you are really putting anything into making that promise come through. Think about it. The blogging itself is not going to get you there, but the accountability that comes with it might. It's really easy to sit on your fat duff and not do anything if you don't have to come out and tell people that you started your day with a big heap of nothing with a side of didn't feel like it. It's really easy to eat that burger and fries with a shake if no one knows about it, and the successes you achieve don't feel as rewarding if you don't take the time to brag about them. Let us hear about it, people. We're all fighting the same thing here.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

You are just an allstar in all areas of your life :) Congrats on your work achievements!

Rob Tucker said...

As usual, I couldn't have said it any better. Proud of you as usual, but again as usual, not surprised. You're setting the standard, Jimbo.

Rebecca said...

Good for you on the work achievement, and the new low. As far as the blogging goes, you are right - the accountability is helpful. Different 'members' have assigned different levels of priority to their blogs, and to each his/her own. For some of us, the lack of blogging isn't due to stunted progress or hiding, it's just due to plain old priorities - although weight loss may still be a top one, blogging isn't necessarily.

Ripx180 said...

Your doing Awesome Jimbo. I am getting ready to eat your dust as you leave the 220s behind. I'm having a hard time getting things going like some of you but I am still trying. Like Rob said your setting the bar so keep doing it.

kyle said...

Well done Jim!!

If you'll indulge me, I'd like to speak about your last paragraph. I remember when I was first starting in this group, I'd click on certain peoples names and their blog would be old and outdated. I told myself that if I started that I'd follow thru, that I would not become one of the fallen. I felt bad for them. I'm sure they all started out with similar motivations to what I did, and for some reason didn't continue their journey. I don't want to be one of them. On the flip side, I don't always have things to talk about. By nature I'm not the most talkative person, especially if I feel like what I'm saying is boring someone else. Anyways, I'm running long here. I'll try to be more productive in the future. I'm not saying I won't fall, but stand or fall, I'm still going to be here.

Kristen said...

Hey, Jim. Sounds like you're doing quite well all around.

I'm also doing well, although I do think I've been blogging a little less lately. The truth is that I'm doing consistently well with no real breaking news. I think it changes a lot when the focus isn't trying to lose pounds anymore. The results are no longer measured daily, so there isn't as much to report. That's all. My heart is still in it. In fact, it seems it's all I ever talk about.

Rob Tucker said...

Hey, Jimbo - it's Tuesday. You're getting your "where are you" comment. I know it's busy, just don't let up on the blogs, even if it's just "hey, I'm alive and busy".

I'm working on some of the fundraising stuff as well, just FYI.

Jay said...

wow Jim, you've lost a bunch of weight since I last checked in! Nice work!

I'm one of those guilty ones on the blogging front. What can I say, life is getting in the way....sorry :(.

I've been working out and thinking of you guys though!

Anonymous said...

Hey, great job on the weight loss! You and a few others are definitely making this FAT train go. That's what this is all about, though. We all lose steam at times. We, however, have an amazing team here that helps the next person along.

I'm definitely one of those people who lost steam, but I'm slowly gaining it back. It's just a matter of doing what I know I need to be doing. No one said it was easy, but that's why the reward is so much sweeter.

Great blog, Jim.

Marcol said...

Glad to hear about the success of your team. If you all have done that in one month under your leadership...they better watch out youll be 100% before you know it.

Although my blogs are few and far between its not because Im failing in anyway. There are other issues that are happening in my world that tend to occupy my time and mind. I try to at least get one out per week though.