Friday, December 21, 2007

Damn

Today's weight in 210.8 (NEW LOW!!!!)

I just realized that it's been over a week since the last time I blogged. Sorry everybody. If it's any consolation, I just finished checking my email for the first time in over a week as well. Life's been a bit crazy lately, with my mother in law being injured and my wife not being home a lot of the time, I'm having to pretty much take care of everything myself. Don't get it twisted, it makes sense that I would in this situation, but the time I usually use to blog is being spent doing dishes, and folding laundr, etc. I do this kind of stuff a lot, but right now I have to do all of it, and not just half. It's been a bit hard to find time to sit down at the ol' computer and do anything, really.

The good news is that my mother in law had her surgery, and seems to be recuperating well, so there's hope for the future at least. I'm still not sure if she'll ever heal up enough to go back to her job, but at least she's not in as much pain, and the therapy machine they've got her on is helping her keep the flexibility going in her leg. She's ahead of schedule there, so it looks about as well as it could at the moment.

My weight loss has been going well, and I'm almost to a bunch of milestones.

1.) 90 lbs. lost
I'm at 210.8 now, and I started at 298.4, so that only leaves me 2.4 lbs. to hit ninety lost
2.) 100 lbs. lost
Ok, so I need 12.4 more pounds to get here, but I'm already excited about it.

And of course, related to both of those is the fact that I'm almost to another major step in my journey. Before too long, I will be under 200 lbs. for the first time in over a decade. I can see that spot from here, and it's just over that hill and around the bend. I can't wait to get there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn is right! Very very exciting stuff (well, the weight loss part).

layla said...

well done, Jim! Its heartening to see you're still so focused despite the fact that you have added responsibilities. and what with the festive season and the array of temptations set before us. good job!you're getting nearer every day.

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

Rebecca said...

That is so exciting! 90 lbs is a LOT of weight. That means a lot of discipline, delayed gratification and hard work. Party like a rockstar when you hit those milestones!

Glad your MIL is better.

Rob Tucker said...

Never doubted you for a second. Awesome, man.