Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What goes down, must come up...or some other lame excuse

Today's weigh in: 214.8

Yesterday turned out to be a very snacky day, and my weight went up slightly as a result. Eight tenths of a pound is far from being the end of the world, but it just annoys me. It was just one of those days where I didn't put myself in check and ate a little here and a little there. All three meals were good, but I had some chocolate pieces last night while we were making suckers for the kids at the family Christmas party coming up, a couple pieces of deer jerky at my uncle's house, a couple of Hershey's kisses at my mother in laws, and probably some other crap that I forgot about. I did it to myself. Here's the good news, though: Tuck was right. No one forced me to eat that crap, and his does hurt, too. So I'm off to a better start today.

Breakfast was a banana and some raisins. Lunch was a leftover piece of prime rib (probably about 5-7 oz. if I'm guessing) and a salad. Dinner tonight will be a cube steak with some rice pilaf and some wax beans, but I haven't eaten it yet because it's only 1 PM. I did four miles at the mall today, and still had time to get my new license plate tabs (my birthday is on Saturday) and pick out the shoes that my wife is getting me for my birthday. Sounds a little weird I know, but she didn't want to get the wrong thing, and she wanted me to try them on first, so I went and got them. I don't get to wear them until Saturday though.

If it's not obvious based on the fact that I got all of this done and still have time to blog before work, Wifey has the kid today. She is at the doctor with her mother, and we weren't sure if she would be back in time for me to drop Riley off before I left for work. It was kinda lonely at the mall with no one demanding to go see her Grandma at work, or go to the bookstore, or play at the playplace, but I bucked up like the little trooper that I am, and got through it. Go me! So here's hoping for a better today, to be followed by a great tomorrow, and a fantastic Thursday... I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Glad to see you got a breather - hopefully your MIL's doing better.

You're realistic about it. You're the one that ate it, you're the one that gained it, and you're the one that's going to lose it again.

Just keep going - no worries at all. But I'm on fire now, don't let me catch up to you (ok, so that's SO not going to happen).

Kevin said...

It is so hard during the day to day grind to be aware of what we are doing. I think it is cool that you seem to be so aware of each decision and how it will effect you. It seems like a place I would like to be soon.

Jim McCoy said...

I like the fact that the guy who's lost twenty pounds more than me says that he's never going to catch up. Last I heard bro, you were still in front. Good to see you looking to stay there too.

layla said...

Its probably some water weight you gained so dont sweat it but you're annoyed about the correct stuff though. you're asking yourself if you could have done better because you didnt really want all those little tidbits but somehow the snack-iness got the better of you. its great how you're challenging yourself that way cos you could easily have said ah its just a wee bit of weight gain no big deal. you seem to be on fire! keep it up you're doing great.