Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting there.

Today's weigh in: 214.0 (NEW LOW!!!!)

So things are rolling along for me and I'm looking pretty good. Christmas is 11 days away, and I only have to lose another four pounds to hit my goal. This is by no means a gimme, but it's definitely doable if I mind my p's and q's and don't go overboard at my wife's family party next Sunday. Granted, the new low posted above is only six tenths of a pound lower than my old new low, but hey, it's lower, so I'll take it.

Otherwise, life is a bit crazy lately. Sorry I missed all of you FAT members at the Applebee's yesterday. I had actually thought that I'd be able to go, and then my mother-in-law fell, and I was running all over town picking things up for some baking the wife was going to do with her mother, and trying to find out who had my grandma's old shower chair and wheel chair, and doing the grocery shopping that my wife ordinarily does on Saturday while I'm at work, etc. Not the greatest day ever, I guess, but at least I can't be accused of not getting stuff done.

Today has been decent so far. Breakfast was the normal banana and grapes, with lunch being two pieces of fried chicken (SKIN REMOVED!!) and a salad. I also had a piece of crazy bread today, but it was only one piece. Walking today was about a mile and a half, because Riley freaked, and I had to leave the mall earlier than planned. This was AFTER I bribed her to be quiet by buying her a book. Life sucks sometimes, I guess, but here's looking forward to a good tomorrow.

3 comments:

Marcol said...

Hey Jim sounds like youve been busy with a lot of unexpected twist along the way. Youre a trooper and youre treading through like you always do. Great!

Nice on the new low, youre heading just where you planned - way to do it!

Rob Tucker said...

Yeah, it was a bummer when I got that call telling me you weren't able to make it. The good news is, there's plenty more time to have us all get together, so we'll definitely get you and Nicole for the second one.

You've never missed a goal - and I know you're not about to start. Go do what you've got to do - and I'll take a page out of your own book and use it against you.

That party that you're concerned about eating at?

No one's forcing the stuff into your mouth. Come prepared and ready to eat PERFECTLY - with no "ALMOST" involved, and you'll hit that goal no problem. What's more important? Mine hurts too.

(Damn, I sounded just like you =)

Jim McCoy said...

Damn, Tuck. I guess I do come off rough a bit sometimes, but dammit, that's good advice. I'll stick to it.