Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Basement Workouts

Today's Weigh In: 213.2 (NEW LOW!!!!)

"If you can't keep a promise to yourself, what kind of a person does that make you?" -Billy

After the Turkey Trot, I promised myself that I would start doing some calisthentics to get ready for the Race for the Cure. Until today, it hadn't happened, but I finally got off my fat duff (term intentionally used) and went downstairs to do some Basement Drill. It was far short of spectacular, but it should keep me heading toward my goal. I did some downhill skiers, some jumping jacks, some cross country skiers, the lay on your back and do the bicycle thing and some running in place for about twenty minutes, taking occasional breaks so that I could prevent my daughter from creating any massive catastophes. I'd love to do the continuous motion things some of you do, but with a baby in the house and no other adult it's just not going to happen. I didn't have time to walk today, and that's kind of why I was motivated to do this, but it is a normal part of my day, starting today. I think I'll go back to the way we did it in the Army, one hard day and one run day, only I can't run so maybe I'll call it a cardio day. Pretty freaking original, I know, but it's a plan, and that counts for something. I need to stop making f786^*&^ing excuses and get to Tucks for that weight bench so that I can do some weight training and not just the normal pushup/situp thing. On that note, I have come up with some goals for this time next month, January 13, 2008. Keep in mind that I'm using Army counting methods, so that what I'm calling 50 jumping jacks, most people would call 100.

To be able to do 50 jumping jacks without stopping.
To be able to do 50 downhill skiers without stopping
To be able to do five minutes of continuous running in place
To be able to do two minutes of the lay on your back and do the bicycle exercise
To be able to do two minutes of continuous cross country skiers
To be able to do 42 pushups in two minutes
To be able to do 52 situps in two minutes
and to be able to still go to work that night.

Wish me luck.

Eating today has been good so far. I had a banana, grapes and raisins for breakfast, two tuna fish sandwiches and a salad for lunch and for dinner I'm taking a chicken breast stuffed with fruit and some asparagus. Gotta run for now, I'll talk to you all soon.

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I think it's good to see expanding exercises on the horizon. We definitely have to hook up sometime to get that bench to you. I know that after Tuesday I'm going to have some time on my hands (Finals end Tuesday - I have 1 1/2 weeks off of work) so maybe I can haul it out to you or something.

Good work today, Jimbo.

Jay said...

Nice new low! Good to see you making some serious progress!

Kevin said...

Great job on the new low. One step closer.