Saturday, December 8, 2007

Oh, Lord. Just what I needed.

Today's weigh in: 214.6 (NEW LOW!!!)

So I'm at work last night and my cell phone starts to vibrate, only don't tell my boss, because I'm not supposed to have it in the building. It's a text message from my wife saying,"Call me 911" Freaking great feeling right? So I call her, and it seems that my mother in law has fallen and broken her leg, and needs to go to the hospital. It seems that babies are not the greatest of companions in these situations, so they need me to come home and take care of my daughter. Makes sense to me, but I'm half an hour away, and I'm the only supervisor on the floor. So, I had to find an assistant supervisor to stay late and close on a Friday night, then go to my mother in law's house where my wife and baby were. I got my daughter, brought her home, and put her to bed, and now I'm off work today because I have to look after Riley while wifey and her mother are trying to figure out whether there's going to be any surgery required.

This sucks on so many levels that I can't even begin to describe them, so I'll just shut up with my whining and get on with the blog.

Things have been going pretty well on the weight loss front. I had a big weight spike for reasons I don't completely understand, going from 216.0 to 219.0 in like two days. It sucked, but I'm back down the last couple of days, so maybe I was just retaining water or something. It seems to be gone now.

As far as today, I haven't eaten anything yet. That's not really all that surprising because I'm not usually up this early in the morning, except on Saturdays, and really the only reason I got up early today is that I had to call work and tell them that I wasn't coming. Exercise has been non-existent today too, for pretty much the same reason. Oh well, I'll try to get something in later. I don't know how much, mall walking is pretty much not going to happen on a Saturday in December, but maybe I'll figure something out. Enjoy your weekends all, I'll talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Im sorry to hear about your MIL. :( I hope shes okay!

Rob Tucker said...

Ouch - sorry to hear that Jim. Tell Nicole I hope her mom starts to feel better.

As for the weight, sounds like today's a great day for the EATING to be 100%. Hang in there!