Thursday, December 13, 2007

For all of you tacky music fans out there

Today's weigh in: 212.6 (NEW LOW!!!)

I love Gene's idea about using song lyrics in a blog, and I'm a fan of Weird Al Yankovic, so I thought I'd try my hand at my one parody song. I don't really have time for the whole song, but here is the first verse, and be warned, today I start working on another one to be unveiled when I hit the hundred pound mark. Today's is called"You've Gotta Fight for Your Right to Be Thin" after an old Beastie Boys track.

So you wake up out of bed and gut looks too big
You think to yourself "I've got to do something."
You eat two bananas and head out to the mall
But your weigh- in says that you're not done at all

You've gotta fight for your right to beeeeeee thin!

You gotta be smaller if that's the clothes you want to we-ar
You gotta eat lots of protein or you'll lose your hair
Your mom pops an innocent, "What pants size?"
Oh, Mom your just jealous it's thirty six waste, guys!

You've gotta fight for your right to beeeeee thin!!!

I wanted to do the whole song, but I ran out of time. I hope you enjoyed it.

10 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

You're pretty fly for a white guy!

Rebecca said...

Just caught up on your blogs - I see the weight kept coming down. Congratulations!

Jay said...

nice job on the new low!

i never really understood the lyrics thing, but I do tend to recite funny quotes or lyrics when I'm working out, so there might be something to it.

layla said...

jim you're leaving me wanting more! i love Weird Al Yankovic- especially the parodies he did of Michael Jackson's 'Bad' and 'Beat It'- do you still remember 'Fat' and 'Eat It' ? hilarious!

Ripx180 said...

Nice new low! also enjoyed the beastie boys remake :)

Brian said...

I dont know how tall you are but you started out at the same weight I did and you're now at my goal weight. Awesome. Do you have any pics of what you look like or any before afters?
I'd love to see them.

GeneTheK said...

Jim - I think I'll nominate you for a Grammy. Funny stuff.

Inspiration can come from anywhere and music is so much a part of our daily lives, it's sort of a no brainer.

How about "No Food 'til Brooklyn"

Rob Tucker said...

Jimbo, it's been five days. Keep your head up, keep us updated. How you doing?

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on thatjimboguy.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research shows that almost 80% of all U.S. grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.