Monday, September 24, 2007

Let's get it started!

So I'm the new guy in the FAT coalition, and I decided to join for a very simple reason: I'm a little worried. See, I've been losing weight all summer, and have managed to get rid of sixty pounds so far. I've been walking all over town, my eating has been stellar (sixty pounds in five a half months would seem to indicate that anyway, although I don't worry as much about calorie counting as Rob does) and I've been cruising right along. Now comes the scary part.

A big part of my walking has been my training for the Breast Cancer 3 Day, which is coming up in a few days. If you ever want motivation, try signing up to walk sixty miles in three days, and think about how dumb you're going to look if you don't train. It wouldn't be pretty. This leads to an inevitable question, which several people have asked me alreday. "How are you going to stay motivated after this is over?" That's where all of the other FAT coalition members will (hopefully) come in. Give me a kick in the pants if you see me falling down. Praise is nice, and my pops taught me to always accept a compliment, but don't be afraid to tell me I suck if I suck. The plan is to be the greatest ever when it comes to weight loss, but we all know how that goes.
Rob is helping me out with the page, and will hopefully post up all of your links soon. (Please, Tuck?), and I'll be by all of your blogs to say hi soon. Thanks in advance for your help, and let's all keep this weight loss training cruising along.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi, Jim McCoy! That's a huge drop in weight for such a short time. You're in the right place if you want to maintain or keep losing. I hooked up with F.A.T. toward the end of my weight loss goals, and I know that I would not be where I am today without everyone here. Glad to have you aboard!

Rob Tucker said...

You know I've got your back. I'll be pulling for you this weekend. It may be over, but it's really just the start for next year's walk anyway, right? I'll be there with you next time around.

Hope you like the blog, let me know if I can make any changes for you.

Ripx180 said...

Jim keep cruis-n and loosing and welcome aboard. I have been in the FAT coalition since Junish. Great bunch of people here who are willing to give you the shirt off their back. My weight loss hasn't been as great as the majority of the people around here but low and behold they still support me and keep cheering me on. After your 3 day pick something else to train for or set some goals so you have something to reach for.

swankywanker said...

Sounds like you're already doing great! Keep it up, and have a great time at the 3-day. We'll be rooting for you.

Marcol said...

Welcome!

OK so for starters ummm good for you on the 60 lbs that youve lost. Enjoy the 3 Day and be sure to tell us all about it.

Melissa said...

Yay! Another 3 dayer :) Maybe we will meet each other this weekend.

Im a little worried about, life after the 3 day, as well. But we can do this!

Welcome to F.A.T :)