Sunday, June 1, 2008

FINALLY!!!!!

Today's Weigh in 188.8 (NEW LOW)

My goal was to be under 190 by my daughter's birthday, which is January 19. Uhhh..it didn't happen. That's for a lot of reasons, and is totally my fault, but admitting where the fault lies does do a whole lot to change the fact. Oh well, I'm there now, and my rate of weight loss seems to be increasing not that I'm back to blogging. Oddly enough, it seems to work that way for other people, too.
Yesterday was the Race for the Cure. I ran with Tuck, and the two of us finished at 33:11, which is ten minutes and eleven seconds off of my time last year. It's also the first time I've run a five k without stopping off of a treadmill, and that fact alone is awesome. When we crossed that finish line still running, I wanted to jump up and down and yell, but I decided to go suck down some water instead. Thank God they had some there, too because I was parched.
My eating has been less than stellar the last few months but it's been improving again now that I'm blogging again, mainly because I don't want to have to continuously post that "Nothing's happening again today" blog that seems to be so popular around here lately. It's just not me to go on and write about my frustrations I guess. So now that I'm posting again, it's time to get Un-Frustrated. It helps that I just did an assignment for a fitness class that I'm taking and I've burned over five thousand calories exercising between now and last Monday, but the bottom line is too much snacking can still equal out to over five thousand calories in a week. Think about it, that only like 720 calories a day. So, no more snacking. I'm going to get to my goal. WHO IS WITH ME!?!?!?!?!?!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats! Great time Jim!!!!

I did my longest training walk today, 12 miles. I need to run less, and walk more...because I can defintely feel the difference! lol

Ripx180 said...

Glad you are back to blogging and loosing. I think everyone goes in bursts. Even the really fit people I know have really strong months then a sometimes a slower month. I say if you are maintaining, building muscle, or loosing then you are doing great. Nice job on getting to the 180s, thats my dreamland I suppose hence the name Ripx180.... Glad your back to blogging man, we missed you in FAT land.

Jason said...

Congradulations on the 5k! That is really awesome. I myself am just starting to train for one. That is so awesome that you were able to shave that much time off. Also, even though it's late you still made it to one of your goals. That's the big thing, you aren't gaining weight, maybe you aren't losing it as fast as you want, but you are still losing. Great job Jim.

Jason said...

hey Jim, it's been a while...anything new going on?

Ripx180 said...

Jim its time for "Operation Swift Kick". Meaning swift kick in Robs A$$... The Tuck is down, I repeat the Tuck is down!! Anyway I think the guy needs a push and you know him and where he lives.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jimbo, it's been a few months, how ya been, bud?

Brian said...

Hope you didnt gain all the weight back yet :)

let us know how it's been going..

Anonymous said...

Hey all, I know it's been forever that Jim has blogged, but he's doing great. He's back in school two days a week and working the rest of the 5 days. (he watches his daughter while I am at work during the day) He works afternoon shift. BUSY BUSY.

He has kept the weight off and is still exercising almost daily. I'm proud of him! I had to buy him a bunch of new clothes for xmas-Size 34! (down from a 42!) Amazing. I will try to get him to post a blog and updated pic soon!

40 Something said...

hope you are even lower now, let us know

40 Something said...

way to go Jim, keep us posted of the continued success!