Friday, January 25, 2008

Trying to get unfrustrated

Today's weigh in: 206.0 (NEW LOW!!!)

So things haven't been going so well the last few weeks, and I haven't been on much. The good news is that things FINALLY seem to be going better. I was a 209 point something right before Christmas, which means that I've lost less than three pounds in the last month. It's maddening, but I think I understand why, at least partially.

I know I've mentioned here before that I have a skin condition, and that's why I don't post pictures of myself with my shirt off. I went to see a doctor last week about it, and he put me on Predizone for it, which is a steroid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shooting beef roids into my butt to make my muscles bigger, this was an oral steroid prescribed by a physician, but I think it made me retain water or something. I took the last of the pills the gave me on Wednesday, and I've been down the last two days though, so maybe I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I know I haven't been on as much as I should, but the semester is back in, I'm taking an accelerated class, and I just don't have a whole lot of time, especially since I've started doing alternating cardio/weight workouts in the morning before my walks. I'll get a blog in more often though, somehow.

While I was at the doctor's office, I asked him what he thought my ideal weight would be. He seems to think it's somewhere between one seventy and one eighty, which only leaves me about thirty more pounds to lose. That sounds like a lot until you realize that I've already lost over ninety, and then it feels a lot smaller. I'll get there, and if I can keep up a decent rate of loss, it shouldn't even take that long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you have come a long way and have every reason to be encouraged about reaching your goal. Keep your chin up and press on.

Rob Tucker said...

After reading the blog, it made more sense - but reading "Trying to get unfrustrated" and the next line was a new low, I was confused there for a while.

I know you guys are busy as hell over there with everything going on. It's good to see "new lows" kicking in.

See you Monday for the fund raiser!