Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gotta make this quick

Today's weigh in: 206.4 (NEW LOW!!!)

I'm pretty happy with my progress, but my goal for my daughter's birthday (200 lbs. by January 19, 2008) is not going to happen. That sucks. It marks my first missed weight loss goal since I started this thing on May 1. Otherwise though, I'm really happy.

I moved my computer desk downstairs today with a bit of help from Tuck (thanks bro!) and I pulled a shirt off the top of it. It was an "I Love New York" shirt that my wife's brother sent me after they moved there, only I never thought that I would get it on, so I never hung it up. It's a large. I tried it on today just for shits and giggles, and it fits! Like really well. I should have taken a picture of it, but oh well. The main thing is that I got it on. I noticed that my pants were hanging a little low today, too which is both good and bad. Good because that means that I'm making progress. Bad because it means I'm going to have to go shopping for more pants soon. I don't like shopping for clothes. I actually got a pair of 34 waisted pants on the other day, too. They were really tight, and didn't feel very good. I took them right off, but I got them buttoned, and I could have worn them if I had needed to. Life is great when your waist is small. This just amazed me, because I started this thing in forty-four waisted pants, and those were just about as tight as the thirty fours were. I won't actually claim ten inches gone until I can wear thirty-fours comfortably, but I'm getting closer.

I go to the doctor tomorrow for two reasons: One, I have this nasty skin condition and I want to get rid of it. Now that my gut is shrinking, I want to be able to walk around with my shirt off and not feel embarrassed. I'm not quite that small yet, but give me another four to six months and I will be. Oddly enough, that coincides with beach season. Go me. I swear to God that I didn't plan it that way, but I'll take it.

Today was goal day, so here is the report: I give myself a C for results, but an A for effort.

Fifty jumping jacks without stopping: Way too easy. I did this like a week after I posted my goals.

Fifty Downhill Skiers without stopping: Pretty much the same thing as the jumping jacks. I did seventy-five of these the other day.

Five minutes of continuous running in place: Mission accomplished. I barely made it back up the stairs after this, though.

Two minutes of the lay on your back and do the bicycle exercise: Yeah, I did it. This left me in bad shape afterward. Thankfully, my daughter was sleeping, and I had a couple minutes to sit when I finally did this, because my legs were so tired I could barely walk.

Two minutes of continuous cross country skiers: I'm pretty sure I've been doing these wrong, but I met my goal. I'm just not going to do them anymore, because something about the way I'm doing them doesn't feel right, and I'm afraid I'm going to hurt myself.

42 pushups in two minutes: Try 21. DAMMIT!!!! Give me five more weeks of working out, and I should be there. This will be part of my goals for next month.

52 situps in two minutes: Fat chance. I did like 15. I'll get there, though. These should be easier to train for too, because they were when I was in the Army. Chalk these up for next months goals, too.

I'll get an official list of February workout goals together soon. I need to get to writing my paper for school, but first, one last thing.

I wish it would warm up around here. I got my jogging stroller for Christmas and I can't use the damned thing. I love the fact that I got it, but seeing it just sitting there SUCKS!!! Please God, let spring come early this year. I'm all for the greenhouse effect if it can get me out running that much sooner. So fire up your car, turn your heater up a few degrees, turn on every light in your house, burn down a forest, and I'll be back as soon as I can.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got a few tires roasting in the back yard right now! ;)

Rob Tucker said...

Awesome job, my man. Hopefully those workouts we went over and the weight bench is working for you. No prob on the desk - don't mind helping at all.

Just keep going - I've got to race you to 110, and I've got a little fire in my belly right now. Best case scenario? We race to 120 =)

GeneTheK said...

The feeling of putting on clothes that you once never thought would fit but now do is among one of the best feelings we can have as we all make progress with our programs.

Good for you & good for writing down your goals.

FYI...130 days until Memorial Day weekend & the kickoff of Summer.

Jay said...

I really like your goals. I might have to copy some of your ideas.

Marcol said...

Youre working so hard. Good for you Jimmy!

Ripx180 said...

Nice job Jim, you are getting ohhh so close to Onederland.

Rebecca said...

Nice job! From 44s to 34s is a BIG deal. You should be so proud!

Rob Tucker said...

Been 10 days, Jimbo. How's it going over there?